Re: PHIDAS project?

From: pierce (pierce@dtm-corp.com)
Date: Wed Feb 28 1996 - 22:17:15 EET

> I understand that CLI is a better format choice for RP than say, STL,
>which is based on tessellation as opposed to contours. Is this true? If
>so, why?

I don't think the statement is unilaterally true. I think it depends
on the application/use of the prototype and the target RP machine upon
which the prototype will be built. The problem with contoured formats
is that they pretty much enforce a given layer thickness when it comes
time to build a prototype.

Without starting a flame war as to which is the better format, I'm
sure others in the group will be happy to elaborate further :-)

Pierce Krouse, DTM Corp., Austin, TX | "He thinks Semantics was the lead
pierce@dtm-corp.com | character on "Bewitched"! -- Sven
http://www.dtm-corp.com/~pierce/ | reminisces about a former employee