Re: Rapid Tooling

From: Zedand00@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 17 1996 - 19:52:49 EET

Dear Nils,

I think you should take a close look at DTM's products. They can laser sinter
a mold out of metal and put it in an oven which melts out the binder and via
capillary action replaces it with copper. The molds claim to have a run of
50,000 and cost a little more than a typical rapid prototype model.

I am interested and eager to use this technology, but haven't yet. I am sure
there are some foibles, difficulties, and eccentricities, but perhaps it
might meet your needs

Michael Rees