Re: ALLEGO or ALLEGRO ?

From: Yakov Horenstein (yakov@planet.it)
Date: Thu Feb 08 1996 - 16:29:07 EET

At 9:19 8-02-1996, Ian Gibson wrote:

>I assume:
>Allego means to enclose or attach to a document

Right

>Allegro means quickly

Allegro does not mean quickly, even though your piano teacher at school
probably told you that it does. Allegro means merry, cheerful, gay, jolly,
good humored (which most musicians understand wrongly as "fast"). I'm not
sure whether this meaning of the term is what 3D Systems intended, and I
can't recall ever seeing any merry, jolly, cheerful people working on STL
files....... Perhaps I haven't yet lived.......

Yakov H.

=====
Yakov Horenstein Tel/Fax: +39 2 2900 6208
Milano, Italy E-mail: yakov@planet.it