Re: Oops! (3D_EYE 30 day trial)

From: PnRMolds@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 02 1996 - 16:52:34 EET

>Subj: Re: Oops! (3D_EYE 30 day trial)
>Date: 96-02-01 23:06:19 EST
>From: alec@netcom.com (Robert Proudfoot)
>Sender: owner-rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi
>To: rp-ml@cs.hut.fi
>
>Hi All,
>
>Terry sez:
>> I mentioned in an earlier message that you can download a 30-day
evaluation
>>copy of TriSpectives from 3D/EYE's web page. I should have read 3D/EYE's
>offer
>>more carefully and tried it myself before posting the message. When
>clicking
>>on the underlined text, it takes you to a discussion of their trial CD. It
>is
>>available from 3D/EYE for free, but you must pay a shipping and handling
fee
>>$8.50 in the U.S., $39.95 outside the U.S. Had I read the text more
>carefully
>>I would have noticed that it said "Free 30 Day Trial CD of TriSpectives 1.0
>now
>>available!" Prior to a very brief visit to their web page, I talked with
>>someone who mentioned that you could download stuff from their web page, so
>>that might have contributed to my error. I guess that's what happens when
>>you're doing too many things at once and in a hurry. I hope my posting did
>not
>>inconvenience anyone. Thank you Al Hastbacka for pointing it out to me.
>
>I find this all very interesting. I got a copy of the free 30-day trial
>CD mailed to me, perhaps because I subscribe to 'Computer Graphics World'
>and/or have bought quite a bit of software in the past. It seems curious
>that they would do a mass-mailing for free, but would charge someone who
>actually sought them out (a much brighter prospect, I would gather) an
>$8.50 handling fee! A bizzare approach at marketing if you ask me.
>
>BTW, last night I loaded it on to the only Windows 95 computer we have at
>work. It looks intruiging, but I haven't had much time to delve into
>it. The one problem I have is that Windows 95 seems to be stuck in 16
>color maximum mode, despite the fact that the computer appears to be a
>quite new one that must have more colors available (thousands or
>millions). If anyone has any tips on how to remedy this, please let me
>know (are there any 'Windows 95-heads' out there yet? ;-) If I can get
>more colors working, I'll try it out in more depth and write a little
>report. We're getting Pro E next week so it should provide a good contrast.
>
>Ciao,
>
>Alec Proudfoot
>alec@netcom.com

Alec:

I have been working with it for a few days on my Win95 box Everything looks
pretty good so far regarding the display. I would check to see what driver
is being used under control panel on your PC. I also suggest using "small
fonts" in your display. This will allow for more room to display your model
instead of having valuable screen real estate taken up with tool bars.

Good luck!

Ron Ptaszek
P & R Precision, Inc.
50495 Corporate Drive
Shelby Township, MI 48315

tel: 810-254-6720
fax: 810-254-0638
BBS/Modem: 810-254-1664

Email: PnRMolds@aol.com

"Prototype and Production Injection Molds from 3-D for a Decade, Fast and
Reliable"

******
"Flying is simple. You just throw yourself at the ground and miss."
           -- D. Adams

******