Re: SLA User Group Celebration

From: Stahlhut, Todd A. (stahlht@po2.nawc-ad-indy.navy.mil)
Date: Thu Feb 01 1996 - 13:20:00 EET

Regarding the focus of the SLA Users group meeting

> Joe DeGuglielmo writes

>Does anyone out there share my opinion or am I out of line here?

No you are not. I have attended about 5 SLA users groups. The
reason I have attended all these is BECAUSE the group is focused
solely on the piece of equipment I own (or use actually). I have been
to other CAD related conferences that were open to all vendors and
they quickly change into a mode of general discussions on broad
topic areas or into this technology versus that technology. I wouldn't
 expect to go to a Pro Engineer users group meeting to talk
about Integraph systems.

I go to the SLA Users group meeting to get into detailed discussions
on that particular piece of equipment. There are many other forums
out there to discuss general RP - such as this mailing list, the RP
conference in Dayton, OH, the SME conferences ....

Although the group uses the now general term "stereolithography" -
please remember that the groups name is "The SLA Users Group"
and I believe the SLA is unique to 3D Systems.

Regards, Todd Stahlhut