STEP

From: Terry Wohlers (73417.1465@compuserve.com)
Date: Mon Jan 29 1996 - 22:33:14 EET

Mike Pratt wrote:

> Incidentally, I have heard rumors of an RP Interest Group starting up
> within the ISO STEP community (ISO TC184/SC4), but don't currently
> know who is involved.

More than a year ago, the Rapid Prototyping Association (RPA) of the Society of
Manufacturing Engineers (SME) considered and announced its interest in pursuing
this. We decided that the effort was beyond RPA/SME's educational charter. At
the time, I was chairman of the group. Also, SME had a policy that restricted
us from influencing the development of industry standards -- another reason we
gave it up. Could RPA/SME's initial investigation be the rumor you heard?

Terry Wohlers
Wohlers Associates