CAD/CAM News

From: Terry Wohlers (73417.1465@compuserve.com)
Date: Fri Jan 26 1996 - 02:07:11 EET

Many of you may find the following CAD/CAM industry news of interest:

Last week, Structural Dynamics Research Corp. (SDRC) of Milford, Ohio announced
that they are acquiring CAMAX Manufacturing Technologies of Minneapolis,
Minnesota for $30 million. SDRC develops and sells the I-DEAS Master Series
solid modeling product family. CAMAX develops and sells the Camand and
SmartCAM machining products. SDRC plans to maintain and possibly expand
CAMAX's products as it accelerates the enhancement of I-DEAS Generative
Machining, a solid-based, rules-driven application that supports milling and
turning applications.

Also, note ...

I posted a message recently announcing several recipients of CGW's Editors'
Choice Awards. I should have mentioned that when CGW selected the award
winners, they did not try to make judgements about which products were the
best-of-class, nor did they conduct any formal benchmark testing. Innovation
was the guiding principle for their selections. CGW announced 75 award
winners, including honorable mentions.

Terry Wohlers
Wohlers Associates