Re: Who is rp-ml?

From: Rapid Dude (rp-adm@bart.lpt.fi)
Date: Fri Jan 12 1996 - 08:10:03 EET

On Fri, 12 Jan 1996, Ian Gibson wrote:

> According to my reckoning, Andre has now buried himself deep in DeskArtes
> and passed on the position of 'keeper of the keys' to another. I dont
> recollect us being told who is now in charge.

Ooops!

I'm truly sorry Ian, but it seems that you've missed our announcement
on Tue, 28 Nov 1995 (I can tell it just by looking the address you are
using for rp-ml! Please update, the old address will vanish eventually),
where our technical wizard Seppo J Niemi told just about all there is to know
about the 'new' rp-ml. And for more info send message to 'majordomo@ltk.hut.fi'
containing line 'info rp-ml'.

(if you don't have the original announcement mail, check
http://www.ltk.hut.fi/archives/)

> rp-ml appears to be running as normal, but if it goes wrong, who is
> responsible?

Not me, nor Seppo! If something goes wrong it must be purely technical
phenomena and has nothing to do with us. But if you are experiencing
problems with rp-ml, please let us know and we'll see if we can do
smthing about it.

> Could the new avenger
> please remove his/her mask and identify her/his self?

Yes, you are absolutely right. I should have send a message telling
something about myself (and it has been my intention too), but for some
unexplained reason I've been in a bit of a hurry these past few weeks. I
hope you all except my humble apologies.

So here's who I am (in a nutshell):

---begin of nutshell---
My 'official' name is Hannu Kaikonen (-sigh- Rapid Dude is not my real
name after all - what a disappointment) and I've been working as a
researcher at Helsinki University of Technology Lahti Centre
(that's ltk.hut.fi, see http://www.ltk.hut.fi/ for more info)
since spring 1994. Currently, the areas causing me most of my probles are
Rapid Tooling and rp-ml :)

You can reach me by sending me mail:
if it's about rp-ml, my address is rp-adm@ltk.hut.fi
and for anything elese it's Hannu.Kaikonen@ltk.hut.fi
---End of nutshell---

I hope this clarifies the situation.

If you did't read (get?) the announcement mail (subject:
Announcement: The List Has Moved!), please do it now and update your addresses etc.

The year 1996 has started out well - discussion has been vivid. Let's
keep up the good work!

Yours truly

Hannu Kaikonen <rp-adm@ltk.hut.fi>
  'owner'